Monday, February 7, 2011

Hello, Lova.....

 Between the combination of nasty weather, no football games on TV, and me not wanting to clean my house...I desperately needed something to paint.  Since I have a new found love for turquoise, I decided that I would tackle my guest room and give it a color make-over. First on the list...my five dollar thrift store chest...that I bought because it had wooden wheels on the bottom. Is that a reason to buy an entire piece of furniture? Anyway...I begged asked Lainey if she would paint a coat of white primer on while I ran to The Home Depot to pick out my paint. Upon receiving my paint, Mr. Home Depot looked at me with one eyebrow cocked and said this..."Wow. That's really bright."  I just shook my head yes, grinned from ear to ear, grabbed my paint, and ran out...quickly...before I could change my mind.
 So, over the course of the day, my $5 chest went from this...
to this...

Hello, Lova....

I love it. It makes me smile every time I walk by that room. Brian on the other hand gets a "punched in the gut" feeling. But what does he know about style? :)  I am now working on putting the room together with throw pillows and accessories. But that day will be its own post.  Because it will involve the sewing machine...and me.  Lord help us all.


And...apparently, I have always had a thing for turquoise..as witnessed in this photo I dug out of the photo graveyard. Style baby, style.

**Any mean spirited comments about my star quality teeth or perm of the year will be promptly deleted! HA!

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute!!! Where did you get it for $5!?
    And your blog on the blankets made me a little misty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! What color did you use. You should put the details in so we can mooch! There is this Benjamin Moore blue series that I am in love with. It's a cerulean blue ... here was the original post ... DYING for this desk:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/CLX0205Nicholson010-de.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.countryliving.com/homes/makeovers/flea-market-baroque-0205&usg=__rRgNYwDT8XCzUqeXJdAHmnRYudE=&h=460&w=360&sz=44&hl=en&start=0&sig2=stpEQto-KqBUsgp2v1__Og&zoom=1&tbnid=vTFv_C5WHPfhbM:&tbnh=164&tbnw=128&ei=Vk9RTcD4McPKtgfdwY3-Cg&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCerulean%2Band%2BGold%2BDesk%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1040%26bih%3D626%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=468&oei=Vk9RTcD4McPKtgfdwY3-Cg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=82&ty=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. myka! i found a hole in the wall thrift store and it was stuck in the back under 4 ugly lamps. dove! i LOVE those pics. i'm trying now to mix some modern and antique..to give it a little something new!

    ReplyDelete