i miss my blond hair.....just sayin'.
Friday, February 24, 2012
i was thinking the other night about how i never really say anything on this blog about brian...except that he doesn't like me to paint and gives me funny looks with i drag home ugly furniture to transform! but...in all honesty, he's a GREAT guy and i'm so lucky to have him...so i'm going to brag for a minute. i sometimes get all caught up in the whole "romance" thing and i'm not going to lie...get a little envious when i hear about someone planning a surprise candlelight picnic for their wife...or writing them a special anniversary song...but then i realize that he shows me he loves me every.single.day. by doing things for me that make my life easier...like....
- he has taken it upon himself to be the toilet paper/paper towel/toothpaste/medicine/vitamin guy. since we have been married, i have bought paper towels ONCE...and i was so overwhelmed with the choices that i stood in the paper towel aisle for 20 min. and left with just a 2 pack..so he could go buy more later
- after being gone from the house for 10-11 hours a day, he ALWAYS calls me and asks if i need anything from the grocery..which i usually do. and not ONE time has he ever complained about stopping
- he works so so so hard for us...so we can have wonderful things that we truly don't deserve
- i have never had to pay a bill. this is awful to admit, but i don't even know how much all of our bills amount to each month. he just quietly takes care of it...so i don't have to stress
- he keeps my car clean and most of the time filled with gas. what a great surprise when you get in the car and the gas tank is FULL!
- he plans for our future and the kids' future...and has me taken care of if anything were to happen to him...which, as a stay at home mommy with NO job....is very comforting
- he helps me clean up the kitchen EVERY NIGHT! and when we have guests in town...he keeps that dishwasher going strong....
- he doesn't panic when i call him FREAKING out because i'm lost...even though i have a GPS...he just calmly gets me where i need to be :)
- he is quiet and i am loud...which used to bother me, but i think two loud people in one house would be overkill ;)
- he has been so supportive of me and this running thing...helping me out with shoes, running clothes, how to train, etc. and is proud of me for accomplishing my goal
- he plans all of our trips/vacations...while i'm just along for the ride
- he eats ANYTHING i cook..and loves all types of food, which makes is so easy on me! he will eat cereal or leftovers with a smile! ;)
- he NEVER complains about anything or talks bad about anyone...(which sometimes annoys me because if someone makes me mad, i want to vent and talk and he won't say a word...just sits and listens with a smile on his face!)
- he is a fantastic daddy to lainey and hutton...coaching teams, taking them places alone, helping with school work, playing, etc. i couldn't ask for better
- he sets a great example of a godly man...attending church, volunteering in church, and tithing...something i always saw my daddy do and knew i wanted that in a husband someday
- he makes me laugh...especially when he is picking on me! ha!
- he is so smart! i can ask him a question about ANYTHING, and he knows the answer...which is mind boggling to me!
- he is always willing to take the kids to museums, concerts, etc. so they can experience new things...
- he knows how important date nights are to me...
- if he has gone to work before i get up...he leaves love notes by the coffee maker! (the first place i run to in the morning...)
there are many many more...but i just wanted to write a few down...so when i am having one of those "days" i can look back and realize that i am ONE LUCKY GIRL!
i love you brian...
your favorite wifey
Monday, February 20, 2012
i haven't written in over a month and i have all of these little things i could have turned into great posts...but when i sit down to write...nothing comes out! so....here are some bullet points because i'll want to remember all of this one day! :0
- brian went out of town and i painted our kitchen, eating area, and hallway...a really pretty pale pale blue. i love it..him...not so much
- i sewed my first envelope pillow and made a LONG table runner for my new farmhouse table...that i have yet to put a picture of on this blog! oops! ;)
- lainey was chosen as student of the month at her middle school...and we were given a bumper sticker for bragging rights....and hopefully she won't try and tear it off like i did to my mother in 9th grade...maybe since my car is cooler than a wood grain mini-van, she'll leave it alone!(sorry mom!)
- hutton has decided he is going to be a musical engineer when he grows up...and i absolutely 100% know that he will
- lainey wants to be a missionary when she grows up...and i absolutely 100% know that she will
- we have had the mildest winter, and while i love the snow, i am so thankful since i'm TRAINING FOR MY FIRST HALF-MARATHON! yes, you read that right...but i'm not going to say anything else about it until i cross the finish line and can mark it off of my birthday list
- i haven't lost ONE pound while training. can you say D.E.P.R.E.S.S.I.N.G????
- lainey is in the beginning stages of braces and she has to wear head gear...bless her heart. but only at night. because i was ready to homeschool her if she had to wear that craziness at school.
- hutton and i started having fun friday's since he will be starting kindergarten soon. we HAVE to do something exciting and i'm not allowed to clean all day. i can't talk about it without getting a huge lump in my throat. moving on.....
- pinterest is addicting. the end.
- and on a sad note, our sweet boxer jessie died. she was only 5 1/2 so we weren't ready for it, but she was sick and it was pitiful. and as much as she was a pain in the butt sometimes, i still look for her to meet me at the gate when i come home or stick her nose all over the french door glass...watching everything i do....
once again, i'll try to do better with updating posts...but don't hold your breath...just in case.... ;)