Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turning old into new...

 In our playroom, we have a couch with a side table on each end. One of them I love....the other...not so much! The one that passed the test is just painted white and distressed. Simple but pretty. The other is was dark wood. A piece that we purchased from Pier 1 about seven years ago. So....I decided today that she needed a make-over. Using this as my inspiration....
http://theletteredcottage.net/painting-dressers-and-planning-a-pocket
I ended up with this...
and I love it. Not bad for a piece that I was going to get rid of in my yard sale. It seems that paint and sandpaper are miracle workers.
Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks adorable hannah! i'm so glad you linked it to my 'fridays unfolded' party...i hope you'll come back to share again.

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff adn nonsense

    ReplyDelete