Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turning old into new...

 In our playroom, we have a couch with a side table on each end. One of them I love....the other...not so much! The one that passed the test is just painted white and distressed. Simple but pretty. The other is was dark wood. A piece that we purchased from Pier 1 about seven years ago. So....I decided today that she needed a make-over. Using this as my inspiration....
http://theletteredcottage.net/painting-dressers-and-planning-a-pocket
I ended up with this...
and I love it. Not bad for a piece that I was going to get rid of in my yard sale. It seems that paint and sandpaper are miracle workers.
Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. looks adorable hannah! i'm so glad you linked it to my 'fridays unfolded' party...i hope you'll come back to share again.

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff adn nonsense

    ReplyDelete