I washed and dried Lainey's closet curtain...and oops...it shrunk...and looked pretty weird...like when I try a pair of pants on Hutton from last season..and the bottom of them hits his shins! HA!
So....I decided to do something about it today. And it was a leap of faith...because if you have been reading this blog from the beginning...you know I don't sew. Even though I have a sewing machine. That I asked for for Christmas.
Anyway....I found a remnant of fabric at the store that I loved. It was only 7/8 of a yard...but I figured I could do SOMETHING with it. Plus it cost a grand total of $3.00. How could I pass that up?
Taking a deep breath, I grabbed my iron, heat bonding stick on no sew stuff, Lainey's curtains, and a measuring tape...and I went to town. There seems to be a healthy dose of people in blog land who participate in the kraft of "no sew curtains"...so I figured I could join that club. And after a little over an hour....my finished project looked like THIS!
And y'all..I'm not going to lie. I did a happy dance right there in Lainey's room. I was so dang proud of myself. It was redemption in a major way. Take THAT Mr. Sewing Machine. I don't need you after all. :)
PS. If there is even a remote chance that I put that fabric on upside down...please do not let me know...as it will squash all of my "do it yourself" happiness. :0