Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

 I love a good celebration...I mean...who am I kidding? I can turn a "you made a 100 on a test" or "yeah...softball season is over" or "yipee! The new counter tops are in" into a reason to celebrate. But when did Easter become almost as stressful as Christmas? We don't shower our kids with gifts...they are ALWAYS happy with just a few things(which may or may not have backfired on me this year because NEITHER child can come up with ONE thing that they want for their birthdays!). So...because of that, I tend to get stressed out trying to find one PERFECT gift. For Easter baskets, both grandparents had the candy department covered, meaning...I wandered around Target for longer than I care to admit...trying to think of another idea. I ended up with flip flops, bathing suits, goggles, and pool toys. Let's just say...nobody passed out from excitement! HA!
 OK. That was a fail...but I still had half of my Easter expectations left. The typical "coordinating outfits". Ohhhhh! Yes. You all know what I mean. If I can just get ONE awesome picture with everyone all dressed up, it will be worth it. As a mother...you shop and shop and plan and shop and return and exchange and plan some more and IRON(that is big for me) and lay everything out the night before...just HOPING for a picture miracle.









 After taking about 80 pictures....I ended up with zero good ones of the kids together, zero family pics, two terrible pics of Brian and I, and a few of each kid by themselves. Hutt wouldn't smile, both kids got in trouble, Brian and I argued...and by then I was just frustrated....gave up...and went inside to have a glass of wine. Oh well...maybe next year. :0
 At least we had some great food and the weather was AWESOME!!! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding?! These pictures are adorable!! The closeup of Hutt is frame-worthy, I absolutely love it. His hair, that look...he's a mini-rockstar!!! As for this part of the Holmes fam, we were mostly sick, on our way home from SSI, didn't go to church, didn't hunt easter eggs or have a big family dinner (hooray for Chinese takeout!) so I think you did a GREAT job! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...sounds like our Easter pics. I was frustrated, caden refused a smile, and I got mad at losing the last chance for a family pic before baby# 2 arrives. So much for color coordinating and planning. Enjoy a glass for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, boy!!
    Beautiful, beautiful, girl!!
    Those pics have the memories you'll treasure for a lifetime!
    Good job, my sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so silly - I love all the pics! All my planning threw me a curve ball _ I got NO Pictures due to Nathan running a low fever the night before Easter, so only Jack & I went to church easter morning! Luckily Nathan never spiked another temp so atleast I have pics of us in shorts & t-shirts hunting for eggs!

    ReplyDelete