Wednesday, January 9, 2013

hello strangers....

well....the good thing about having a blog that nobody reads and that doesn't bring in any money is this...you can take a four month vacation! ;)  the last time i wrote i was recovering from a breakdown because hutt started kindergarten. ummm...i seem to have recovered quite well. here is a quick recap of events over the last quarter of a YEAR! yikes!


  • i started WORKING! can you freakin' believe it? ok ok...it's not every day, and it's not full time, but it gives me extra money to redecorate every room in my house at least once a year now! ;)  my good friend leigh, who is an awesome interior designer, asked if i would want to be her assistant. what what? i had to think about it...for all of four seconds. IT IS SO DANG FUN! and guess what? i had to learn how to use my GPS and not freak out when i get lost. i have only called brian one time...and well...that is another story for another day...
  • brian and i went on a vaca to san francisco and wine country in september for my cousin's wedding. best trip of my life. most of my dad's side of the family plus my parents and my brother and sister-in-law were there and those hilarious people + lots and lots of wine = more fun than you can even imagine. every morning i woke up, my stomach was sore from laughing like a hyena. oh the fun! 
  • exercise...what is THAT??
  • weight gain...oh...i KNOW what you are.... ;)
  • if you want to have an easy time losing weight here is the secret formula. after the holidays, put on tight exercise pants and an exercise bra and  wear it around the house. you will NOT set foot in the kitchen. holy rolls!! :-0  
  • so i decided not to drink during the week...and lordy lordy..i miss that nightly glass of wine while i cook. my meals have become much less exciting...
  • i turned 35...and we went with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew to the mountains for the weekend...complete with MORE wine drinking. once again, total fun.
  • lainey is acing school. so far, she has had straight A's her entire middle school career. hutton has sweet teachers and is also doing great in school, but could take it or leave it...i feel his pain. i never liked school either...and then i became a SCHOOL TEACHER! bahahahahahahaha   talk about making NO sense...
  • i volunteered to be class mom in Hutt's class this year, and i almost fell out of my seat at the first meeting when i was handed my FOLDER of responsibilities. apparently that role is serious business...
  • my goal for 2013 is to get ALL of my pictures off of my computer and either printed, made into photo books, or put on discs. don't judge, but since 2008 i have  not printed off the first picture.
  • and lastly, i didn't make any nyr because i never keep them and it just makes me feel like a failure. raise your hand if you agree.
hope everyone has a happy wednesday!

h :)

ps. apparently "fun" is my new favorite word.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment