Thursday, October 13, 2011

weird...

taken by mr. photographer hutton
i have a few things about me that are weird/crazy/funny...so since i'm keepin' it real...here are some that i was thinking of today....
  • i HATE parking garages. they completely freak me out and i will park and walk in the rain, or go to the very tippy top of the garage to avoid them. in the movies...everything bad always happens to people in garages...i'm right huh??
  • i hate elevators....if my destination is below the 5th floor, i will take the stairs. every time i do get into one, i think about if it were stuck, i would suffocate to death. i know...weird....
  • i live in atlanta and have only been to lenox mall ONE time...and that was to ride the pink pig at christmas. (are you in shock whitney??)  this is even weirder...i feel like you have to be all dressed up and beautiful just to shop...and that is NOT ME!!! so i feel out of place. shout out to north point mall!
  • i am terrified of getting lost! brian even bought me a gps...but i swear it doesn't work right for me....yet another reason i never go to buckhead or downtown atlanta....
  • i once took the wrong exit and the road curved onto another interstate(or something)...so i called brian and SCREAMED into the phone...it's an EMERGENCY!!!! call me back!!!!!!  i think he almost didn't marry me after that...but he did...because i am a good cook...and i make him laugh. :)
  • i don't like doctors or dentists and for a week leading up to an appointment, i can't sleep at night. then, when the appointment is FINALLY over...i celebrate with one or four glasses of wine....
  • i am extremely shy(yes...it's true) and get really worked up over trying something new or being placed in an unfamiliar situation. when i was little, people used to think i was "stuck up"...but it was the complete opposite! i was always scared to say/do the wrong "thing" so i wouldn't say anything at all!
  • it takes me a long time to make a good friend...
  • i wish my kids could go to a high school like mine...(page) where people were down to earth, kind,  not focused on material things, and worked hard for what they had...we may have been known as the "county" school...but i would go back tomorrow if i could...
  • my parents used to sing this song called, "daddy's hands" by holly dunn, and EVERY TIME i hear it, i get a huge lump in my throat...and i can't sing it out loud or i will cry....because that song IS my dad. every year i get this grand idea that one day i will sing it for him...but as soon as i try and practice the first time...the waterfall starts...and so i cancel that plan...until the next year...
  • have have a mental block with left and right...seriously. i almost ALWAYS say the wrong one first. and yes...sometimes i use the "L" on my hand....
  • i love the smell of a baby's breath....like...so much that i used to stick my face right in lainey and hutt's face and breathe in...about 392 times a day....now...not so much. :0
  • this is terrible...but if i see someone fall...even my own kids, my first gut reaction is to bust out laughing...and most of the time i do...even when my kids are bleeding. i.can't.help.it. my mom and my cousin have the same disease. believe me, i have tried to stop, but i can't. it's embarrassing when you are around other people because it makes you look like the most awful mom ever. please don't call DFCS on me.
  • and last but not least, i am a terrible speller. some of the words i have to spell check would cause you to gasp...fortunately, someone invented spell check for that exact reason...except when you can't even get close...and not one of the computer's options are the word you need. of course...that is what they invented google for. enough said.
happy thursday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment